Do you ever face times in your business where you feel scattered like you just don’t know where you are in the month or what the month will behold for you?
Are you looking for the easiest ways to get a handle on your calendar and really learn how to use a calendar and create better plans in your childcare business?
If so, in this post, I am going to offer you a collection of things to schedule on your calendar for the new year. These common items can easily get lost in the hustle and bustle of owning and operating a childcare business, but when you schedule this in, it’s going to help you stick to your calendar and know when things are coming. That’s why it’s a good idea to add these items to your calendar and schedule them at the end of the month when things are still relatively quiet.
For example, I use my weekly calendar system that’s included in my Jumpstart Business Daily Booster, and by me planning for the week, it helps me to keep my calendar in sync with the daily activities that go on in my life.
To begin, I prefer to use my Jumpstart Business Booster Daily Planner. It’s a smart way for me to track what my week will look like, what I have scheduled for my week, and how to set my reoccurring tasks.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one childcare-focused planner and planning system to get organized in the new year, check out our all-new Jumpstart Your Childcare Daily Business Booster.
Here are a few things that I suggest that you plan for:
1. Plan for your inspiration and self-care: That includes vacation and personal time; birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, graduations, and other celebrations; your personal or family doctor appointments and physicals; your personal grooming, such as your hairdresser, your nail salon, spa, etc.; any performances, shows, concerts, plays, events, games, and party dates.
2. Plan for your office work/task: That include’s when it’s time to renew your license, your driver’s license, or any other required documents that have expiration dates; your major and minor holidays and closing dates; when you have your personal reports that are due to different organizations that you’re committed to.
3. Reoccurring Tasks: Such as your bill pay dates, credit card pay dates, appliance warranty dates, your vehicle repair inspection reports, business meetings, your weekly marketing tasks, your business planning time, payroll, monthly supply orders and such.
4. Money Making Task: The next things I suggest that you plan for are your money-making activities, your office work days, projects, and assignments with start dates, end dates, and due dates.
5. Staff Planning And Accountability: The next section is your staff, curriculum and lesson plan due dates, your staff and teacher meeting dates and also your trainings, school field trips and excursions, classroom work to be completed.
6. Food/Menu Task: The next section is your shopping dates for your food, your menu and food tasks, inventory dates, your material order dates, your bulletin board due dates.
7. Expense Tracker: Bills paid and confirmation numbers, total income and expense amounts
All of these areas are important for you to set up and for you to know when they’re going to recur. Inside of the Jumpstart Your Childcare Daily Business Booster, you will discover how planning weekly is effective and it lends to being more thorough about what your morning, afternoon, and night schedule will look like.
On our Weekly Calendar section in the Jumpstart Your Childcare Daily Business Booster, you’ll have the opportunity to use your calendar legend, which includes stickers. I include my stickers with the activity of what I’m working on during the morning, the afternoon, and the night. What this does is allows me to create a plan on my calendar to help me time-block what has to be done in the morning, afternoon, and night. Then, I can place my stickers under the date of whether something has been planned that morning, that afternoon, or that night.
Having a way to organize your life and your childcare business with time and activities each week will cause you to set the right intentions for your week and the right expectations for your week. You will find yourself more apt to achieve your goals that you set for yourself, because your calendar actually shows what’s going to happen in your week. When you discover how to plan ahead, it causes you to achieve more. You only have to take one day out of the week and create your week at a glance, and it will cause you to achieve so much more in your life and in your childcare business.